Is my clothes dryer mounted safely?

Old 04-05-09, 11:34 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is my clothes dryer mounted safely?

We used our wall mounted dryer for 3 months, at the time it was drilled into brick but no spacers were used. It slipped out and fell.

I have been hesitant about having it put up again but we needed the room. So they have secured it this time with the one wall bracket at the top, drilled into the wall again but also it is secured with liquid nails this time, and a spacer at the bottom of the machine.

I am hoping this is secure, but I am worried about it falling on us or our stuff, have we done the right thing in the way it is hung here?

Old 04-06-09, 08:03 AM
S
What type of fastener was used where it is attached to the brick?Was any form of anchor etc used?

What do you mean by "spacer"?

Old 04-06-09, 09:57 PM
D
This time we have used plugs (we used those last time), bigger screws and also liquid nails.

Well there is only one wall bracket which is fastened at the top of the dryer. So before, it just hung, and it would hang on an angle because there was nothing behind it to keep the dryer hanging completely horizontal to the floor and it just leaned against the wall. So we have put two rubber stops behind it this time and now it sits straight.

Old 04-07-09, 09:06 AM
S
Well I assume this was installed into the mortar between bricks.All you can do is hope this is strong enough and was properly installed.Can't say much more without seeing what has been done.

Two potential opitions if this fails.

If the mortar is crumbling away so that anchors won't stay in there are mortar products that might help.One is Rockite.These are high strength expansion cements that could be used to hold anchors or screws in place.

Another is known as "tapcon" screws.These are specific screws designed to screw into holes drilled by specialty bits with no anchors.

Go to a real hardware store with knowledgeable saleshelp where you can get suggestions based on the spcifics of your situation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: