steel cable question

Old 04-26-09, 04:48 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
steel cable question

Have a flag pole that has a cable that is fed through rollers, each end of the cable has a loop and is taped. Once that cable has been turned into a loop, how is that loop secured? I am sure the tape just protects whatever is securing the two pieces of cable. Does not feel like a cable bracket like the ones that have nuts you tighten down. Any help will be greatly appreicated. Someone said aluminum ferrulles are used but I am not sure how they work and what secures them to the two pieces of cable. Cable size is about 3/16th

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-09, 05:51 PM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
The aluminum ferrulles are crimped with a special tool. Some hardware stores use one to make up cables to length as needed.

Bud

Old 04-27-09, 05:10 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cable answer

Thanks Bud for the response. I figured there was a tool but found in talking to people you can use a variety of things to crimp it and it will work fine. I did carefully lay out the cable and was able to make appropriate crimpings and it is one for good. I actually called a couple hardware stores and none of them had the tool, but good old hardware s tores are almost a thing of the past. Miss them very much.