Weird screw, keyed screw

Old 08-20-10, 08:29 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Weird screw, keyed screw

I need to know where I can find this screw that I have.

I'm working on a project where we need a very small shaft with a keyed section on it, similar to this:

I found a screw in my workspace that has a keyed section on it. I made a drawing of it so that you can see what it looks like. It's approximately 1 inch long.

What is this called, and where can I buy these screws or shafts?

I've looked on McMaster-Carr and couldn't find anything. I can't even find this on google.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 08-21-10, 11:34 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 27,045
Received 899 Votes on 825 Posts
Do either of these help?

stainless csk with wings screws

They are called reamer wings when on a self tapping screw, and one site calls them "relief wings" when above the threads.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: