Adjustable door bottom seal

Old 07-30-11, 06:14 PM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts
Adjustable door bottom seal

I have two adjustable door bottom seals in my home. I think I bought them from ACE hardware, but cannot find them on their web site, and have no stores nearby. These seals were really cool as they fastened to the floor first with wood screws, then you insert a flexible piece of vinyl into the aluminum piece I just mentioned on the outside position. You then insert the the vinyl into a movable aluminum piece (the inside position) and close the door. You push the second aluminum piece with the vinyl attached forward (toward the outside of the house) until it is snug against the bottom of the door. When it is in a position that provides a seal, but still allows free movement of the door. you screw that aluminum piece to the floor with more wood screws. As the seal wears you can loosen the screws (the visable ones installed last) and push the movable piece forward a bit to re seal it. If you have seen one of these available for sale, please reply as to where I can get another one?

Last edited by WML13; 07-30-11 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-30-11, 07:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Try looking through M-D's catalog for what you need. If you find it, google the part # to find a retailer online.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: