Sliding Window Locks - I need to find a replacement!

Old 04-03-12, 10:12 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sliding Window Locks - I need to find a replacement!

I have sliding windows in my home and they have these locks. When we bought the house one was missing in one of the bedrooms. I would like to replace it but can't seem to figure out what they are called or who may have made them. Does anyone have any advice? My guesses are a pin lock or a push button lock but I've yet to find anything that's even close. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-12, 05:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
As an example, would something like this work??? Black Twist-In Door Lock - S4003

Old 04-04-12, 08:52 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chandler thank you very much. It's close and that's what I might have to settle for but I'm crossing my fingers to find a replacement. The difference is that the one you've posted doesn't mount the same. I've Googled it to death and can only get close! I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction because the frame of the window is chiseled so the mounted portion of the missing piece doesn't protrude.

Old 04-04-12, 05:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
So the window is mortised to allow the lock to fit flush. Luckily it appears the one I mentioned may be larger and will allow you to test your chiseling technique and mortise out for the new one.