Removable Drop-Leaf Hardware

Old 10-15-12, 08:10 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removable Drop-Leaf Hardware

Hi All,

I just purchased a new-to-me table (old) and it looks like there used to be removable drop-leafs. I'd really like to make new ones, however, I am having a tough time finding the hardware that was used on the table. It looks like a detachable hing that was more like a hook-into-slot design so that the drop leafs could be unhooked from the table and stored away. When they are needed, they are hooked to the hinges, folded up, and the slide-out supports are used to hold it hup in place. In my opinion, a brilliantly simple design. Does anybody know where I could locate the matching hardware for the leafs? Name:  Hinge1.jpg
Views: 2810
Size:  25.9 KB

Old 10-16-12, 02:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You may not find exactly a match for what you have, but I am certain you can adapt a more standard hinge to do what you want. I googled "drop leaf hinge" and came up basically with standard hinges. Now, you can replace the axle pin with a removable pin so when you remove the top, all you do is pull the pin and the leaf falls away. May be more than you want to do, but a good search may indeed come up with a match. If I find a source, I'll post back to this thread.

Old 10-16-12, 06:17 AM
T
If it's not visible, it seems like an L bracket or mending plate could easily be modified to hook into that slot with a little bending and grinding/filing.

Old 10-16-12, 03:29 PM
D
Can you take a picture of the entire table? Do any of legs swing out to support the leaf? What about the piece of wood sticking out of the apron? Does that slide out?

Old 04-22-14, 01:42 PM
A
did you ever find the hinge hardware?

I have the exact same problem I have the female ends on the table but the parts that hooks into on the leaves are lost.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: