What are these fasteners called!?!?


Old 01-20-13, 11:58 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What are these fasteners called!?!?

I need to replace some that are broken, but have no idea what they are called!
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-13, 12:13 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,198
Received 714 Votes on 661 Posts
Can you give us a clue as to what this is on, or if there is an opposite half that mates with this fastener?

Edit: oh, I think I see now that it's the blind drawer face on your stove top cabinet. I'd forget using those fasteners and get something like these to put on each side.

Roller Catch - 347414 | Catch / Latch | Functional Hardware | Amerock.com
Old 01-20-13, 12:15 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
These are on the panel which covers the hole below it. Its sister is in its place to the left of the hole.
Old 01-20-13, 12:17 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 13,664
Received 220 Votes on 194 Posts
You could save some time and money a just make some out of some pieces of 3/4" wood.
Old 01-20-13, 12:21 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 21,113
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Blank panel clamps? False drawer clips? Yep...the second one turns up lots of hits.

I'd just make something out a a piece of wood. Finding the exact same thing might be tough.
Old 01-20-13, 01:15 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,717
Received 21 Votes on 20 Posts
Here is one source; scroll to the last one at the bottom of the page.
They are called false front connectors

False Front Connectors

Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-13, 04:41 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,965
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Mine have a 1/2" pieces of plywood about 1 1/2" x 5" screwed onto the false door. The door sticks in flush to the inside and the plywood strips just turn sideways to lock it in place. Sort of like grandma's pie safe, except on the inside.
Old 01-22-13, 04:52 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you!

Thank you all for taking time to help me!!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: