Flanged Shaft Mounts


Old 02-12-13, 11:43 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flanged Shaft Mounts

Hi everyone, brand new to the forum.

I want to build a box that will house a turntable. Why I'm doing that is not that important. What's important is that I've never done anything like this, so I had to turn to Google to find out what the parts are even called I need to use.

The one I seem to have a hard time nailing down is the piece of hardware that will join the vertical shaft to the turntable. Yes, I've seen the ones out there that you can use to build a table (desktop mounting flanges). Those are threaded on the inside, which I guess I could get to work but they don't come in the sizes that I need. I have my mind set on a 1/2-inch shaft.

I looked on sites like Grainger.com, but they don't seem to have it. They do have flange bearings - which I will buy 2 of to allow the turntable to spin - but what has me surprised is that they don't have a version of it that doesn't have a bearing but can be bolted to the shaft instead. I got to be missing something. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-13, 01:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,403
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
Look up thrust bearings. It allows the load to be perpendicular to the shaft

Take a look here for an example.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: