Snap Together Plastic Connectors

Old 05-20-13, 06:38 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Snap Together Plastic Connectors

Hello.

I'm trying to find some kind of adapters that I can attach to objects such that the objects can be easily and sturdily snapped together or pulled apart by using applied force.

In my mind, I have an image of a pair of plastic connectors similar to the ones drawn below. I imagine attaching the receptor component to a wall or something, and attaching the other component to some item I want to reversibly attach to the wall. Just by pushing the donor against the receptor, the upper and lower portion of the latter would bend outward until the former fits, after which it would be held firmly in place.

Name:  connectors.png
Views: 1792
Size:  2.7 KB

I feel almost certain I've seen these things before, but I couldn't find out what they're called and I couldn't find anything like them at the local hardware store.

Could anyone provide help regarding where to find something like this?

Thanks.

Old 05-20-13, 06:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,485 Votes on 1,373 Posts
Pressfit Grill Guides 8 Pair 260-366

Small Speaker Grill Guides 12 Pair from Sears

Speaker Grill Peg Mounting Kit, Ball And Socket, 12 Pack, GC-PEG

Above are three links to something similar to what you are looking for. Not sure how they would work in sheetrock.

Old 05-21-13, 05:08 AM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
The can be found in an auto parts store. The are used to hold the wheel well fender or fan cowl in place and are easily released for access.

auto parts plastic fasteners - Google Search

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: