blueprint clamp hanging apparatus

Old 06-27-13, 04:44 PM
blueprint clamp hanging apparatus

I acquired these second-hand pieces together (pictured) that apparently fit together somehow to make a blueprint hanging apparatus. There are the six L-shaped pieces, all of which have a 24" clamping bar and all of which are inscribed with manufacturer or brand name "Plan Hold". Then there are two straight "Plan Hold" ones with 24" clamp bar. And there are two more straight ones, one with a 24" clamp bar and the other with a 30" clamp bar, but with the manufacturer or brand name "Stacor Print Clamp". Finally there are the two long 5-foot pieces, without clamps. I tried internet searching "Plan Hold" and "Stacor Print Clamp" to see if I could come up with assembly instructions or some kind of picture maybe to give me an idea how this might assemble. I think there must be parts missing or something. Not sure if this is supposed to be attached to the wall or maybe is supposed to have a stand with wheels or what. Any help/suggestions sorting this out would be appreciated. Thanks.
https://www.google.com/search?site=i...mg.eIHAOEDdE4w

Edit: Pictures posted in my next post this thread.

Last edited by sgull; 06-27-13 at 06:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-13, 06:47 PM
Group Moderator
Your google link takes us to a pageful of blueprint holders. I don't see your parts hanging out there.

Old 06-27-13, 06:54 PM
Sorry I forgot to post the actual pictures of my actual parts. Here's what I have, what I was describing:

Old 06-28-13, 03:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
We have these on our present jobsite. The L shaped brackets clamp on to the blueprints. You turn a knob to release the plans when you want to spread them out. The L bracket allows for some lateral movement so you can see between the prints. Ours are mounted on the wall. I'll take some pictures this morning and post them showing how the brackets are put together. Hope that will work.

Old 06-28-13, 08:14 AM
Thanks chandler. Looking forward to seeing the pictures you post. The four straight brackets (shown there at the top of my photos) also have clamps. The two long (5') pieces in the foreground of the bottom picture are just blank lengths of extruded aluminum with no holes or markings, the channel of which is wider than those of the black end caps of the bracket pieces.

Old 06-29-13, 03:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I found ours is of a different design. Not sure if yours can be configured like this, but they just hang on the angle pieces and are permanently fixed. You only remove the prints via the clips, and return them likewise. Here's the pix of ours.

Name:  blueprint.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  14.4 KB

Old 06-29-13, 03:36 PM
Okay thanks for the picture. I think I'm definitely missing some key bracket pieces. I might need to get "creative" and jerry-rig something if I really want to put something halfway useful together with my odd components.