washer size

Old 07-13-13, 05:16 PM
washer size

While re-assembling the timing tensioner business during working on my car (Honda Accord) I've discovered I've somehow misplaced (lost) a metal washer, shown as #28 in the following diagram. The parts list describes it as "washer 10.3x25" just as I've typed. I'm fairly certain I recall this metal washer as being fairly thick, maybe 1/8" or so. There's no dealer locally from where I might obtain this part (if they even happened to have it in stock) and I hate to have to go to the trouble to order it and wait if I can avoid that necessity. I'm wondering if probably the local hardware store would have what seems quite possibly otherwise to be a standard type/size typical steel washer if I were to check. It would help if someone here might know for certain what that "10.3x25" indicates, these details which could be of help to me here, as I am unsure (clueless actually). Any comments appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-13, 05:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
100% sure that it does not say 10.9 instead of 3?
10.3 would be an odd ball size, 10.9 would be a hardened steel washer that has a hole size of 25 mm, which is almost 1". (.984)

Old 07-13-13, 08:56 PM
Yep, 100% sure that what it says, 10.3x25. After further inquiry I've discovered that the 10.3 refers to the hole diameter, and 25 refers to the whole diameter. So it apparently is an oddball size and probably the exact thickness could be critical too so have decided to just order one from the dealer. 2 bucks, plus 5 bucks for shipping to here, wait a full week at least for it. After it arrives and I install it, then I'll probably find the old one wherever I put it.

Old 07-14-13, 02:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
As long as you don't find the missing one lodged in a critical place after you start the engine, you'll be OK.

Old 07-14-13, 08:50 AM
As long as you don't find the missing one lodged in a critical place after you start the engine, you''ll be okay
Thanks for the reassurance. I feel better already.