Lazy Susan Bracket

Old 02-18-01, 10:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi, I have an old corner style lazy susan. The bracket that turns the lazy susan has broken. This bracket mounts to the "V" doors, has an arm that extends to the center of the lazy susan (near the top of the cabinet), and this arm has a hole at the end of it. The hole fits onto a small post that comes from the top of the cabinet. (If you're still with me you are doing good!)

Ok... This assembly is what actually makes the susan go around. It also has a spring with roller to keep the door to the lazy susan closed. The hole I described on the above bracket has worn through. Naturally I have a lazy susan (and circular cabinet) that I cannot use. I have looked for a supplier of this hardware everywhere! If anyone has an idea of what I am talking about and knows where I might get this bracket I would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks! Joanne

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-01, 10:25 PM
I don't know where you can find a bracket, but if you emove it then it might be possible for a welder to repair it either by brazing or tig welding. It's just a thought.

Old 02-23-01, 03:07 PM
I had a customer with what sounds like the exact same set up. We did find the manufacturer who no longer made the replacement parts. The welding idea was going to be our route until we found that it was a 28" diameter standard size unit. HD sold a replacement unit for 72.00 dollars that was well built and easy to install into an existing counter top. It comes complete with templates. If I remember correclty we had to special order the model that doors could be connected to.

Old 02-27-01, 05:58 AM
Visiting Guest
I did have the piece welded.... it works great! Thanks to both for responding. Joanne