Bolt. Need help


Old 10-02-13, 02:34 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 56
Bolt. Need help

Could somebody tell me where I would go to get a replacement for this bolt (?) seen in the attached picture. It is 5' long, with 2" of 5/16" thread and, 3" of non- threaded shaft, two nuts. What is this part called?

I am refurbishing two, old gambling wheel and this is one of the pins that go around the wheel.

I can purchase replacement pins from casino supply companies but they are pretty expensive. I am going to need about 120 of these, ideally polished steel or even chrome.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-13, 02:44 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 21,041
I doubt you'll find any direct replacement other than a casino supply. You might be able to duplicate them by cutting off an L-bolt or similar...but a lot of cost and labor.

You show a wheel with all the pins...why not just clean them up and have them re-plated or powder coated. If you skip the polishing (manual labor is expensive) then it shouldn't be too expensive.
Old 10-02-13, 06:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,297
It's called a one end threaded stud.
Old 01-12-14, 09:32 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 56
Update: I finally decided to try to refurbish these pins myself. I used a fine wire brush on my drill. Actually, they came out pretty darn good. I would like to put on some high-gloss lacquer or poly-coating on them. Any recommendations?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes