Ratchet Folding Bracket? Ratchet Stay?

Old 12-10-13, 12:32 PM
Ratchet Folding Bracket? Ratchet Stay?

Hi all! I've started a small project to make a little portable wooden multi-angle-adjustable drawing board. I know there are many simple ways to implement the angle-adjustable part, but I wanted to go that extra mile for convenience and have something similar to the lift-support mechanisms commonly found in larger drafting tables, where lifting the drawing area locks the board into different angles, and a slight lift allows for closing back down.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the part I'm looking for! I've seen parts close to what I'm looking for, named in the following ways:
  • Ratchet Support
  • Ratchet Folding Bracket
  • Lift-up Ratchet Table Support
  • Ratcheted Lid Stay
  • Multi-Angle Lid Stay
  • Adjustable Lid Support

Unfortunately, most of these are more heavy duty and for much larger tables than what I need. I only need something big enough for a small board that could support a regular 8x11 sketchbook. Does anyone
know what I should be looking for, or where I might find it? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-13, 01:04 PM
Drafting Table Hardware

Is this what you need?

Adjustable Drafting Table Hardware - Rockler Woodworking Tools

Old 12-11-13, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the reply! Actually, I've seen many parts exactly like the one you've linked to during my search. It has precisely the functionality I'm looking for, but unfortunately is for much larger heavy duty applications than what I require. What I need would be for a very small, more portable adjustable board, rather than a larger drafting table. Do you know of any such part existing, or if I could have one custom made? I've been searching for almost a week now, and still no dice.

Old 12-12-13, 06:36 AM