What is this called?


Old 03-10-14, 08:09 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 10
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is this called?

Hello and sorry for the noob question, but this is one of two of these hinge like brackets. I cant seem to get the top one to work properly and would like to buy a new one but I am not sure what to search for.

Thank you
Name:  IMG_20140308_154737.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  16.8 KB
Old 03-10-14, 08:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,294
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 03-10-14, 08:36 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,749
Received 27 Votes on 25 Posts

Why do you think it is not working properly? What are the symptoms? Have you tried adjusting the hinge?
Old 03-10-14, 06:28 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,829
Received 854 Votes on 782 Posts
It looks bent. When you go to look for replacement 35mm euro hinges, you will need to know the overlay of the cabinet door. The overlay is the distance the door overlaps the cabinet frame when the door is closed. So close the door, draw a light pencil line alongside the door on the hinge side, then open the door and measure the distance from the pencil line to the inside edge of the cabinet.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: