PVC pipe adjuster piece

Old 12-14-14, 11:22 PM
PVC pipe adjuster piece

BSD

Hi I am looking for a piece to add to a pvc pipe. Like I want a pipe and add an a piece to it that would allow me to slide it up and down the pipe and tighten and loosen it to hold certain position heights on the pipe. My intention would be to create a sort of camera slider and I would put it on the the piece that adjusts up and down the pipe. Does such an adjusting piece exist?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-14, 11:53 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

You want to make a telescopic pole. It sounds easier than it is. It might be easier to find a telescopic pole you could modify.

There are fitting like in the picture below but they are only available in a limited number of sizes. The biggest problem with PVC is that consecutive sizes don't fit tight inside each other.

Name:  compression fitting.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  14.5 KB

Old 12-15-14, 03:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Crude at best, but I use 3/4" and 1/2" EMT conduit with a sequence of 1/4" holes drilled at 2" intervals along the 1/2" piece and a hole drilled through the 3/4" piece. Using a 1/2" delrin pin and cotter pin, I can set the height of my hunting tarp cover at different heights. Very strong. I knurl over the 1/2" end to where it will fit in a tarp grommet. I have no idea what a camera slider is, to it may not work.