Have you seen this hinge?

Old 04-10-15, 10:12 PM
Have you seen this hinge?

One of the hinges in the door of our bathroom vanity just failed and we need a replacement. The cabinet was already installed when we bought the house, so I don't know where it was purchased. It's a concealed frameless 165 degree opening hinge, stamped with part number 165A48, and I can't find it anywhere! Any suggestions on where we could find one?

It appears to be this hinge: NIPO furniture : Furniture : Italian furniture materials : Hinges : 165A48

but they don't ship to the US. It's very similar to this hinge from Hickory Hardware (165A45) but the fastener holes are in a different place: http://www.hickoryhardware.com/p5120-14

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-15, 12:32 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Are there any markings on the hinge? There should be something there. I'm looking for an odd hinge myself.

Old 04-11-15, 04:25 AM
Group Moderator
That looks like a standard hinge function wise but each manufacturer may have slight differences in dimension and hole location. I would just keep searching wood working suppliers and cabinet supplies until you find one close enough to work. At some point it might be easier to get a hinge that's available and just drill new mounting holes.

Old 04-11-15, 04:32 AM
It's called a European style hinge.

Old 04-11-15, 05:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Would this work? It is 170 degrees, but who is counting? BlumŽ 170 Degree Face Frame Hinge, Pair - Rockler Woodworking Tools

Old 04-11-15, 05:12 AM
I'd replace both hinges if it was mine.

Old 04-11-15, 07:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
All the European hinges I've seen have the same boring pattern regardless of manufacturer.

If you want help finding replacement hinges, we need to know some technical info.
- Style of cabinet, below left is frameless style, right is face frame style
- Overlay distance. This is measured with door closed. It is the distance that the hinge side of door "covers" the face frame or frameless side panel. Example would be 1/2"
- Look carefully at the hinge 35mm cup. It has two screws that hold the cup to the door. Are the screws screwed directly into the wood door or are there plastic inserts in the door?

Name:  170hinge.JPG
Views: 1889
Size:  10.8 KB

Old 04-11-15, 10:23 AM
Thanks, all.

The only markings on the hinge say "165A48". And it screws into a metal door that has inserts, so it's not easy to just use a new hole pattern or hinge

Brian:
1) these are frameless cabinets
2) there's a 3/4" overlap
3) the screws fasten to an insert - it's a metal cabinet and door

Old 04-11-15, 11:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check out this link:

Blum 170° Clip Top Concealed Hinges - Woodworker's Hardware

You need the hinge similar to what Chandler posted, only for frameless cabinet.

One of the below will work. The inserta is easier to install as the inserts are already attached and have a self-clamping feature.

B071T6640B Half cranked, self closing, inserta

B071T6680 Half cranked, self closing, press in

Order 2 hinges as mentioned above.
I can't help on the mounting plates, I recommend you talk directly with the vendor for replacement mounting plates. The plates are available in 3/4 overlay.

Old 06-05-15, 01:28 AM
Wink Replacement hinge

Hi!

I had the same problem, a hinge in on of the kitchen units broke and i couldnt find a match anywhere. I ended up taking both hinges off and used these in the end they dont open as far as the ones you'ce currently got but they look a hell of a lot smarter and neater when you open the door!

EASY ON HINGE - 90° Sprung hinge from Eurofit Direct - Easy Mount