Mounting Drawer slides with Vertical/under table mounts

Old 10-27-15, 10:40 AM
Mounting Drawer slides with Vertical/under table mounts

Greetings.

I have an Ikea Galant desk that I use for my music creation, electronics repairs and I'd like to mount two drawer slides and a shelf underneath the desk.

This is an A-Frame desk; it's just the wood top on top of a metal frame, so mounting the drawer slides, as one would usually do - on the sides of a desk/cabinet - won't work.

What I want to do is mount the slides as one would a Computer Keyboard tray - on the underside of the desk top.

My question is - where can I find brackets that will attach to the drawer slides and allow me to secure them to the underside of the desk?

Also, I will be using the platform to keep some music gear - keyboards, etc, so I will need at least 6'' of clearance from the bottom of the desk to the top of the shelf platform.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-15, 11:12 AM
You could use a keyboard tray drawer slide set like this: 20" Keyboard slide, Height Adjustable, Zinc, 61106

It's won't adjust to 6" but you could space it off the bottom of the desk with a wood block, or extend the mounting brackets with something like this: Simpson Strong-Tie 1-13/16 in. x 5 in. Tie Plate-TP15 - The Home Depot

Old 10-27-15, 11:49 AM
Thanks. I was looking to use at least a 22'' or 24'' extension, thats why I was looking into drawer slides as they are offered in that size.

Old 10-27-15, 01:50 PM
Slides

Mount boards vertically to the underside of the desk and attach drawer slides to the boards.

Old 10-27-15, 03:28 PM
Group Moderator
Mount boards vertically to the underside of the desk and attach drawer slides to the boards.
+1...............................................................