Mounting a mailbox to a brick wall

Old 12-16-15, 01:49 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Mounting a mailbox to a brick wall

Hi,

I'm still a novice with home repair. I'm trying to install a new mailbox to a brick wall.

The problem that I ran into is this: When the mailbox is placed flush against the wall, there is a roughly 1" space between the screw holes on the back of the mailbox, and the wall. I tried using Tapcons, but couldn't easily drill them into the wall--the outside edge of the mailbox makes it difficult to get the drill to reach the screws, even at an angle. In any event, the screws are slightly loose, and the mailbox rests on the threads of the screws due to the fact that there is a space between the box and the wall.

The mailbox isn't about to fall off, but it's not a great setup. Is there a better method?

Thanks!

John

Old 12-16-15, 02:02 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When the mailbox is placed flush against the wall, there is a roughly 1" space between the screw holes on the back of the mailbox, and the wall.
If it's flush, how is there a 1" space between the box & the wall? As far as the drilling goes, don't try to hold the mailbox & drill at the same time. Mark the spot with a pencil through the hole. Then drill without the box in your hand.

Old 12-16-15, 02:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Is the mail box sitting on the wall or is it to be screwed through the back into the wall and all hope hinges on this poor attachment?

Old 12-16-15, 02:31 PM
W
Received 31 Votes on 28 Posts
Mail Box

Tighten the screws with a socket wrench with the appropriate bit to fit the screw heads.

Old 12-16-15, 02:36 PM
J
Received 96 Votes on 85 Posts
Post a picture so we can see what you seeing.

Old 12-16-15, 04:45 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: