trying to locate bracket

Old 02-11-16, 12:15 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Cleveland, OH USA
Posts: 604
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
trying to locate bracket

I have a banquet table with folding legs that lost a bracket securing the leg to the table. I need some help locating something that will work. Not sure how the bracket was lost but that horse has already left the barn. Pictures are attached.

Name:  20160211_083610_resized.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  20160211_083619_resized.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  20160211_083635_resized.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  42.2 KB

As you can see, the legs are round tubing. There is one bracket left holding one leg to tabletop. I need to replace the matching one for the other side. I don't have a measurement right now of the size of the tubing but it is something between 1" and 1.5". The current bracket has 4 mounting holes attaching it to the table and a hollow center where the leg tube goes.

Any ideas of where to find something that will work?

The options I am considering include:

1. use a "U" shaped pipe bracket with ears to hold the leg to the table
2. replace the legs with a new set (this is somewhat more costly than finding a bracket so not my preference)

Is there some other bracket that I not thinking of? For the pipe bracket, any ideas where to find one close to this size?

There is no manufacturer info anywhere on the table to track down parts.

Thanks in advance.

- Peter
Old 02-11-16, 12:25 PM
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,138
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I'd cut a chunk of hardwood the appropriate size, drill a blind hole in it an inch or so deep to receive the leg, and screw and glue the block to the undersize of the table.

The pipe clamp idea would work too, but doesn't stop the leg from sliding away from the other bracket. A conduit clamp for 1" or 1 1/2 in conduit would be around what you need, depending on actual OD of the leg tube.
Old 02-11-16, 12:37 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 25,063
Received 859 Votes on 792 Posts
I like the wood block idea but I'd use a piece 9-12" long to help bridge over the damaged area. You could glue it in place an/or screw through the top.
Old 02-11-16, 03:24 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,877
Received 99 Votes on 87 Posts
Would not do you any good even if you had all the info and a new bracket.
It's a cheap particle board table and the screws and material have been ripped out.
The suggested clamp will work but only if you through bolt it through the top of the table.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: