Double Threaded Stud


Old 05-24-16, 10:26 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 193
Double Threaded Stud

I'm looking for a double threaded stud, with a wood screw thread on 1 end and a machine thread on the other. I want to mount something to wood via a set of wing nuts. I've seen these before, but now that I need them I can't find them.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-16, 10:34 AM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 6,333
Most hardware stores have them.

Might be listed under furniture hardware.
Old 05-24-16, 10:40 AM
pugsl's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 8,027
Old 05-24-16, 11:17 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 18,833
Pugsl included the important term in his link - these are called hanger bolts.
Old 05-24-16, 02:23 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,968
In order to install them, you will need a nut of corresponding size and thread and a deep well socket to drive them in. Then remove the nut and install what you need along with your wing nuts.
Old 05-24-16, 02:52 PM
Rough Rooster's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 382
Plumbing dept. Toilet mounting bolts for wood floors.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes