Ring to insert hitch or clevis pins

Old 02-28-20, 01:04 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 758
Received 39 Votes on 37 Posts
Ring to insert hitch or clevis pins

I'm planning to secure pieces of wood but want to remove them so I'll be using hitch or clevis pins. (Haven't decided which.) There'll be some vibration and I'm concerned about damaging or cracking the wood at the pin holes and want to protect the holes by putting a rubber, plastic, or metal ring or bushing into the holes. Thus, the pin would be inserted through the ring/bushing rather than directly through the bare wood.

I assume the part exists but don't know what it's called or where to find it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, in advance.

Last edited by Tony P.; 02-28-20 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-28-20, 01:56 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 61,898
Received 1,481 Votes on 1,369 Posts
I'm thinking of a shoulder bushing.
Old 02-28-20, 02:18 PM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 9,993
Received 342 Votes on 308 Posts
A little more detail would be nice. Size and shape of wood pieces. How heavy. How many pieces. How or why will they see vibration.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: