scaffolding parts?

Old 04-18-20, 04:20 PM
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
scaffolding parts?

Probably not posting this in the proper forum category, but my inquiry is in regard to the purpose of these steel items that came along with a batch of scaffolding frames and cross-supports I was given. Could someone tell me by these photos what these three parts/items are, what is the purpose, how they work, what they are called? Thanks

Old 04-18-20, 07:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 853 Votes on 781 Posts
The piece in the back right is an outrigger. It's used with 5ft x 7ft mason's scaffolding and hangs off the side.

It all kind of looks like home made stuff. The other 2 parts look like pieces to a baker's scaffold. Middle part is one of 2 side pieces that support the walk plank (steel rib reinforced plywood). Front left part is the support for one side of the baker's scaffold... Missing the 4 wheels obviously.

Old 04-18-20, 07:54 PM
Okay, thanks. I suppose then, these would be parts (minus the wheels and other matches for these parts) for a setup close to looking like this?

Old 04-18-20, 08:10 PM
Group Moderator
Um, 2 out of 3 of your pictured parts are similar to this setup, but yours appear home made, then left out in the rain for about 50 yrs. Honestly it looks more like something you would find in the junk than something you would use. A couple pieces of scaffold do not a scaffold make.

And you can't do anything with one outrigger except hang your coat on it. They are used in pairs.

The outrigger goes on masonry scaffolding. It is not the same thing as the outriggers on a bakers scaffold. That's why I said 2 of 3 parts are to a bakers scaffold. The other is part of a masonry scaffold.

Old 04-18-20, 08:30 PM
Yes it's not in great shape that's for sure. Probably left in the rain for 30 years as you said. I do have all four of the outriggers, and the matches for the other parts as well. The photo is just showing single part examples. Not sure if it's homemade, it might be. Regardless, I might be messing with it to see if I can fix it up to some useable extent for my own purposes.

And spare me any lectures/warnings please on it not being safe, I'll use common sense, if I use it all. If I had much common sense, I could tell it's just worthless junk and not bother with it, I suppose. At least I know what the parts are now, and thanks again.

Old 04-18-20, 08:41 PM
Group Moderator
Spare me the lectures on giving you lectures please.

Old 04-18-20, 08:45 PM
Good comeback! Really, though, thanks for your helpful replies. take care!

Old 01-25-21, 11:33 AM
I decided to get rid of the whole rusty business so no chance of hurting myself with it or getting lectures about it either. I can do without all that stuff. But I did learn a little about scaffolding more than I knew before by posting my initial inquiry. thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: