Fastener Name

Old 04-19-20, 07:46 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fastener Name

Sorry for being an idiot on a fastener. What would you recommend for quickly temporarily attaching a 2 foot wall to another 2 foot wood wall (it might be 3ftX3ft).

As you can see it is going to be a box and I will be using a 1x4 wood and I will have 4 temporary walls. Each corner I would like to join the 2 together walls, but easily take it a part. Normally, I would nail everything together, but each wall will have weight and my wife would not be able to pickup the full box, but she would be able to move an individual small wall.

What fastener would type would be used that for easy installation and removal. Maybe something like a pin and 2 per corner. This will be used outdoors. Also I am hoping there is something that is not expensive.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff

Old 04-20-20, 11:06 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,407 Votes on 1,302 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

A lot of members reading but no responses.

It's a little difficult understanding what it is you are doing. I understand the four walls but then you say box. A box would have a top and bottom which would change things.

Holding the corners together with hinges and removable hinge pins is a great idea.

Old 04-20-20, 02:20 PM
W
Received 27 Votes on 25 Posts
Check out threaded inserts. The insert has inside threads to accept a bolt. The insert remains fixed in place. The bolt is removed as needed.

Old 04-22-20, 07:32 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for the response and this helpful!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: