Does anyone know where I can get a clips like these?

Old 07-11-20, 01:20 PM
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Question Does anyone know where I can get a clips like these?

The front door in my apartment has a blind mounted to the door and it is held to the bottom with cheap plastic clips and I broke one of them when I let the door swing open to far and fast. I have not looked for any thing that can replace these yet (but as you know searching online is easier if you know what you are looking for is actually called) they probably got them at Home Depot so I can probably get them there myself, I asked the management ans I was told they can replace the whole shade and clips for $75 of my money the whole thing is not even worth $10 and I am not the only tenant that broke one of these things. Do better ones exist likely metal ones?

Thanks

Old 07-11-20, 01:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 853 Votes on 781 Posts
Go to Walmart and buy their $5 mini blinds. They are in the pack of hardware. Throw the rest away. No they do not make metal ones to my knowledge. And most people dont use those clips. I throw them away because on most windows who wants their blinds down 100% of the time? On a door I understand... they cant be swinging around as you open and close the door.

Be very careful not to strip those screws when you put the new ones on. Only tighten them by hand, not with a cordless drill.

Old 07-11-20, 02:39 PM
OK thanks, so these are not sold separate form the blinds?

Old 07-11-20, 02:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 853 Votes on 781 Posts
https://blindparts.com/product-categ...ind-hold-down/

There are many suppliers online. Just dont think you will be able to beat $5 at Walmart.

Old 07-11-20, 03:30 PM
OK thanks, I do intend to buy quite a few of them as I have friends who live in the same complex and they also don't feel like being scammed by the management here. I now know what they are called and what to look for.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: