Name this dense foam ball?

Old 07-14-20, 02:27 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Name this dense foam ball?

I bought a locally built hand pump Im trying to reverse engineer.
This part seems to be made out of smelly dense foam or rubber mix. About 2-2.25 diameter round. Sorry the ball is squished/drilled/dented from the application it came from.
can anyone identify this ?

seems racquetball size but this more like hard flexible foam.

Old 07-15-20, 05:07 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 25,055
Received 857 Votes on 790 Posts
Is your ball open or closed cell?

Try searching industrial sources like McMaster Carr, Grainer... Both of these are open cell. I also found these sports balls:
Old 07-15-20, 05:29 AM
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,541
Received 160 Votes on 147 Posts
Not sure what you are doing but I assume this came out of the pump.

Why do you think that this was ever a ball and not closer to it's current shape?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: