Where can I get one of these?


Old 11-14-20, 02:46 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where can I get one of these?

This was on my golf cart and I need more but I donít know what it is called or how to install. Itís a threaded insert for my side mirror. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-20, 03:08 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 59,717
Received 1,180 Votes on 1,093 Posts
I've always called them nutserts. They're also called rivet nuts.
You need to know what size you need. They basically come in all different thread sizes.
Old 11-14-20, 03:11 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 23,984
Received 681 Votes on 628 Posts
I call them riv-nuts. They are installed sort of like a pop rivet and small ones can use a normal pop rivet squeezer. If you don't want to buy the big squeezer (that looks like pruning loppers) there is a much less expensive one that uses a bolt and a metal block.
Old 11-14-20, 03:11 PM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 6,687
Received 394 Votes on 368 Posts
They are riv-nuts or rivet-nuts, kind of like a rivet in how they are installed!

You will find them all here!


Old 11-14-20, 03:13 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone! I appreciate you!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: