How to attach a piece of wood to a shelf standard?

Old 12-11-20, 09:08 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to attach a piece of wood to a shelf standard?

I have double-slotted shelf standards (rails) installed in my garage. I would like to attach a piece of wood to the standards. The pieces of wood I install could range from a 1x4 to a 2x4. There could be various lengths, but the wood would always span at least two shelf standards.

The challenging part is I would like to attach the wood in a way that is movable, just like the brackets (and other accessories) designed to fit into the double-slotted standards. It seems like there would be a type of small bracket I could purchase to attach to the wood to make it possible to hang the wood on the standards, but I haven't found anything like that. Does anyone have suggestions for how I can attach the wood to the standards in a way that is easily movable?

I've included a picture of the standards and a sample of the kind of wood I want to attach to them. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by DannyDeLoach; 12-11-20 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-12-20, 04:18 AM
Received 341 Votes on 307 Posts
One method (which I think is NOT very good) is to buy the proper shelf brackets, bend them 90 degrees and screw the pieces to the back side of wood and attach to rails.

there is this

Old 12-12-20, 07:36 AM
Received 90 Votes on 77 Posts
The item you need is called a panel clip. Link to source for panel clip.

Norm201 voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: