Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Hardware, Tools, Wood & Metal Working, Home & Business Security > Hardware and Fasteners
Reload this Page >

How To Connect Pulley Mount and Truss Clamp - Make Them Spin/Rotate

Old 01-10-21, 08:54 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

how can i attach the pulley mount to the truss clamp in a way that will allow it to rotate/spin? doing it this way the nut keeps loosening. i want something that will be flush that wont loosen and will allow it to rotate so i can workout in any direction

Old 01-10-21, 09:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,473 Votes on 1,361 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

See if you can follow my description..... B is a bolt long enough to go up thru the pulley mount, thru a washer, thru a nut, thru the truss bracket into a second nut. Nut A and nut B get tightened together so that the bolt is firmly attached to the truss bracket. You could also add a lockwasher or starwasher between nut B and the truss bracket to keep the nuts from loosening. The pulley mount will spin freely below.

Keep in mind working with heavy weight can be dangerous. We don't know how much weight you're are pulling over that pulley but keep it sensible. Use good hardware. Safety first

Old 01-10-21, 10:50 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
great idea, thanks so much. now i just have to figure out how to take the wheels out of the mount. any ideas there?

i cant seem to get that thing with the two little holes that seem to hold everything together off

Old 01-11-21, 04:51 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 852 Votes on 787 Posts
It's a circlip or E ring/clip. There are special pliers for installing and removing them.

Old 01-11-21, 07:05 AM
W
Received 31 Votes on 28 Posts
These are called snap ring pliers:

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: