Old 09-29-21, 01:48 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Spring

I am looking for a spring i cannot find in Lowes, or on the internet. This spring makes the 13 gallon trash can

lid to swing open.
Its a tension spring, I can email the picture of the spring if someone is willing to help me

if anyone can tell me where can I find this spring ? I bought the trash can at Sam's, and it is no longer

made by the company TRAMONTINA for Sam's. I called Tramontina, and they no longer produce this

particular trash can, nor have any parts for it.

Old 09-29-21, 01:59 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,398
Received 1,744 Upvotes on 1,568 Posts
Old 09-29-21, 04:49 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 26,286
Received 1,841 Upvotes on 1,648 Posts
Please post a picture of the spring you need. Unfortunately, many springs are custom made for their product and might not be available. Hopefully they used something sorta standard or you will be able to get creative and make a standard spring work.
Norm201 voted this post useful.
Old 09-29-21, 06:52 PM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 10,652
Received 674 Upvotes on 597 Posts
using PD's suggestion find the nearest but slightly larger/stronger spring, then cut it or stretch it to what you need.
Old 09-30-21, 02:51 AM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 9,454
Received 1,137 Upvotes on 1,031 Posts
Check McMaster Carr website, if it's made they carry it.

Norm201 voted this post useful.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: