Looking for some drawer rollers

Old 08-13-22, 10:24 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Looking for some drawer rollers

I'm trying to repair a 1970-vintage blueprint cabinet at work. After looking it over it appears that two of the original drawers were swapped out with two drawers from another cabinet which used a different suspension system.

I believe that I can get these replaced drawers to work if I can find and install new drawer rollers to support the rear. The ones on the original drawers look to be 1" diameter with a 5/16" fine thread mounting stud. What are the other critical dimensions I'll need to provide? Attaching pics. ETA: Well, tried to attach. Doesn't seem possible on mobile.

Last edited by ehbowen; 08-13-22 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Add pics
Old 08-13-22, 11:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,621 Upvotes on 3,247 Posts
It can be a little difficult to attach pictures from a mobile.
Apparently you can switch over to desktop mode to make it easier.
How to insert pictures.

Old 08-13-22, 11:07 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Trying to attach pics. Still having trouble; seems to be a Javascript issue. I enabled Javascript, and the toolbar with the picture attach icon disappeared. Disabled Javascript and then re-enabled only the doityourself.com, indexww.com, and polyfill.io scripts. I have the toolbar back now, but I'm afraid that if I go to browse my pictures I'll lose the post the same way as last time. So I'm going to submit this text as it is and then try to edit it to include the pictures of the roller.
Here we go with another try of the pictures. BTW, I'm on desktop now.

The oddball drawers are the right size and shape, but it looks as if they came out of a cabinet with full-suspension drawer slides. But it does look like it should be possible to put back rollers on them and use them here.

Last edited by ehbowen; 08-13-22 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Add pictures.
Old 08-13-22, 11:11 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,621 Upvotes on 3,247 Posts
You can attach a pic in it's own post.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: