What is this mirror bracket or clip ?

Old 07-08-24, 06:32 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is this mirror bracket or clip ?

Hello Helpers, need some advice on hanging 50 lb mirror of 38" width, but with existing bracket that I don't recognize. Please see the attached picture. It has 1 such bracket or clip on each corner for total of 4. What's the name of this, and what do I add to it to enable hanging by wire? I prefer to have metal wire somehow installed onto these 2 brackets, then have it hang onto 2 screws that would be put into studs. This way I could have some leeway adjusting the mirror position. Or any other recommendations are welcomed! Thank you for your time .

Old 07-08-24, 06:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,975 Upvotes on 1,771 Posts
I don't know why you think a wire would be better or more accurate. Having leeway is erroneous thinking because with those brackets and some careful measuring you can place the mirror EXACTLY where you want it. (Provided you have wood blocking located where the screws need to go.)

Those often come with matching stud plates that go on the wall but it looks like you could also use a flat head screw that is left sticking out 1/4". It would also distribute the weight evenly. Just 12.5 lbs per screw if it's 50 lbs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: