hanging door

Old 08-18-01, 09:47 AM
Visiting Guest
I need to purchase the hardware --( the track and 2 roller/glides) for a hanging door. The track needs to be attached to the wall. The door is to be mounted parallel to the wall the way a sliding barn door is attached. Does anyone know where I can find this hardware. I have been to hardware stores and lumberyards and no one seems to know. I see the type of hardware on barns all the time. I would appreciate specifics on websites or stores that handle this sort of thing.
Thanks,
Carol

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-01, 06:26 PM
Carol:

What you're looking for is called trolley rail hardware. Here's one place to look:

http://www.fastenal.com/shoponline/s....asp?CatID=952

Old 08-20-01, 11:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

George,
Thank you so much. It helps when you know the name of what you are looking for. Thanks for the info.
Carol

Old 08-20-01, 12:23 PM
Hi Carol, I was at a house a few weeks ago with this type of door and the contractor who installed the door used a little creativity. He attached a two by four to the wall, attached a standard closet door track to the bottom and finished it with a 1* box around it.

Old 08-21-01, 03:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Stephen, thanks for the input. Actually that was one of the options I had thought about. The reason I wanted this hanging door is because the door to the powder room bumps into the toilet every time someone goes into it. The problem is that it is a very small powder room 3' X 8'. The toilet is at one end and the sink is at the other. The wall over the sink is covered completely with a mirror and electic (for the light) through the mirror. I thought that it wouldn't look right if I stopped the box at the edge door because it is such a small room and if I carried the box all the way to the mirror, the mirror would look off center to me and drive me crazy. I think I will just turn the door around and have it swing out. It seems cheaper.
Thanks,
Carol