Old 10-20-01, 01:12 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 38
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I've have finally just installed my new steel entry door. We installed the new hardware,(deadbolt and knob) because we ran out of time and had to secure the house. Now I need to remove the hardware to paint the door.

My problem: The deadbolt has what I would call permenant flat-head screws (you can tighten them, but not loosen them). The heads have a "swirled" look to them. Is there any way to remove these screws (and the deadbolt) so that I can do a decent paint job on the door?
Old 11-27-01, 10:27 AM
George's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Hill, Va. USA
Posts: 2,889
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

As you might have guessed, menfolk have a tool for everything. What you have is a 'tamper proof' screw, and yes, there is a tool to remove it.

Your best bet will probably be a local hardware store (as opposed to a large home center). It's not a ocmmon item, and it will probably have to be ordered.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: