Dressers

Old 05-15-02, 09:19 AM
CManning
Visiting Guest
Dressers

I am looking for information regarding the repair of a dresser. The plastic runners (that go into the groove in the drawers) have fallen off and needs repairing, actually replacing. I am trying to get information regarding the repair of the dresser or even the materials to repair the dresser myself.

Thank you

Old 07-06-02, 10:12 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
There are many differant type of hardware you may need to take one off or take the drawer with you to a hardware store to see if they have one that will work...you may have to change out all of the old on the one broken drawer to fix it....Good Luck...

Old 07-08-02, 02:51 PM
diy_doctor
Visiting Guest
Alternative drawer runner

hi
I have repaired a dresser drawer by using a piece of plastic curtain track of approx. the same width as the groove in the drawer.
Disregard the shape and fix with the widest section at the top by drilling a hole just big enough for the screw you are going to use to pass through the track at approx. 2 inches from either end. then simply screw into place on the dresser sides in line with the groove in your drawer.

good luck

diy doctor

Old 07-17-02, 06:13 AM
hi ho sliver
Visiting Guest
dresser repair

Lowe's seems to have a really good stock of hardware, bet you can find what you need there!

Old 06-13-07, 05:38 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy dresser runners

I am also looking for these. Hardware stores do not stock these(Low's, home depot). I have also checked furniture repair stores and sites. I did find side mounted kitchen drawer runners, but nothing for the plastic bottom attached runners for dresser drawers. I need 6 that are 1 1/2 in wide and 14 in long. You wouldn't think that something so simple would be so hard to find.

Old 06-14-07, 04:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It is usually best to start a new thread, as the one you attached to is over 5 years old. Depending on your cabinet design, you can use bottom central runners, or side slides, all of which are fairly readily available at most big box stores. If not, try Rocklers.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: