I need Nordahl Pocket Door Hangers

Old 07-05-02, 04:02 PM
TrytoFixAll
Visiting Guest
Question I need Nordahl Pocket Door Hangers

I have 3 pocket doors in my home, my home was built in 1957. Looks like one of the doors did not come with or someone misplaced the hanging hardware for the door. I have tried buying all types of hardware and none will fit correctly.

The original hardware goes screwed into the sides of the door, not the front of the back of the door. I have not been able to locate hardware that attaches to the sides of the door to hang the door.

The other doors hanging hardware says Nordahl (Burbank, CA) Patent 2610367 on the hardware itself. I can't find this hardware of the company anywhere.

Can someone help locate this specific hardware or know where I can purchase it? Help!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-02, 06:36 PM
azathopht
Visiting Guest
aza

Having a 1950's home myself I go through this all the time .If you can NOT find any substitute, or don't want to upgrade to better hardware..then go to a salvage, second hand store or thrift shop to try to match original...I find them in the odd ball or junk pieces area...I've found parts for things from 1930's 0n..CHEAP!!

Old 06-02-04, 10:03 AM
markavila
Visiting Guest
nordahl door hangers

So, were you ever able to find any?

Old 08-29-05, 01:57 PM
DonSanJose
Visiting Guest
Talking Also looking for Nordahl Pocket Hanger - FOUND!

Was anyone able to find any of these? I also have a pocket door that was removed by the previous owner (and all hardware lost). I tried another standard roller and it didn't work. I would much rather find the door hardware than have to rip out the sheetrock to access and replace the entire track!

I checked the patent and found that these were patented way back in the mid 1940's, but manufactured actively from about the late 1950's. My house was built in 1966.

Does anyone know of any references or sites for buying second hand door parts?

Thanks!

9-12-05 Update: I FOUND THEM!!

After hours of searching, I found that Slide-Co (prime-line products) makes a replacement set for these. Here is the description:

N-6518 (3/4" diameter)
N-6519 (7/8" diameter)
Roller
Contents: 1 left hand and 1 right hand roller assemblies;
4 no. 6 x 3/4" Phillips pan head sheet metal screws.
Description: Single wheel; top hung; side mounting; offset
adjustable steel bracket; round edge nylon ball bearing wheel;
fits 3/4" to 1-1/4" thick doors.

My rollers were 7/8" diameter. I just ordered 5 sets from a good place online (they were $8.15 per set):

http://www.aaascreen.com/
Tel: 208-734-8336

You can see the drawing and dimensions on page 8 of this catalog:
http://www.prime-line-products.com/catalog/N.pdf#page=1

If that doesn't work, go to the prime-line website and look at the catalog under "wardrobe doors", even though it is pocket door hardware.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Last edited by DonSanJose; 09-12-05 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Found the hardware!
Old 09-23-08, 09:55 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Many many thanks!!!

To DonSanJose,

Your specific post from 2005 has enabled me today to find the replacement hardware for my pocket doors, rather than take down the wall to replace the door. Strangely, the fellow at the site you directed me to said he had had "a run on this hardware" just recently. Everyone's doors failed at once. He is ordering more!

Thanks again,
Harriett

Old 09-23-08, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
AAA is a good company, I was referred to them by Slide-Co. Very good cust service. Pierre is great.

Old 09-10-09, 05:08 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thank you for posting

had the same problem. now if i could find out who made my windows...