Treadmill reviews

Old 05-24-06, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Treadmill reviews

We are looking at picking up a treadmill,
a Nordic ... something or other.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on these.
Consumer reports didn't do treadmills specifically, and basically
say, you get what you pay for. Well, I'm not spending $2000.

It's the 2200 or 2150 model.
Any feedback or links to helpful feedback would be great!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-06, 07:30 AM
Group Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 51 Posts
There are two kinds of treadmills, those for walking and those for running (running ones are much bigger so you don't step off accidentaly). Once you've decided what you need, start looking at second hand stores. While it is true you get what you pay for, lots of people buy good stuff, never use it and then dump it at one of these stores and allow you to have it for a significantly reduced price.

By the way, I just went and looked at my wife's treadmill and it's a Nordictrack. She's been very happy with it. We've had it for four years now with no problems.

Old 05-28-06, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My Pro form treadmill is 12 years old. My wife and I use it nearly every day (she's on it now). It probably sees 30-40 miles a week of light running and walking. The tread is starting to show wear but other than that it's still in good shape.

Lots of treadmills have all sorts of bells and whistles, primarily designed to lighten your wallet. The only ones I use are the incline feature and the distance indicator.

IMO buy one that is heavy, uses quality materials, has a wide, strong belt and an adequately sized drive motor. If you look around you'll see the diference in quality between the cheap machines sold at low end department stores and the higher quality machines. I agree with Mitch17 regarding looking for a used machine. I think lots of people buy them with good intentions, but they quickly lose interest. I imagine you could find a large selection on e-bay.