I am DROWNING HERE!!

Old 07-20-07, 08:43 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I am DROWNING HERE!!

I don't know what is going on here, but I had to take my grand-daughter to the clinic for a physical. The next day I had a very high fever & swollen throat & sore ears. The fever is gone now, but I am left with a ton of mucous. My throat still feels swollen, yet is not painful. The problem now, is that everytime I try to swallow, be it saliva, water, juice & especially food, it comes OUT MY NOSE!!

So I am left with this sensation of drowning. I am unable to talk as when I try to string more than a few words together I have a sensation that mucous is pushing out my nose. Yet my sinuses seem to be clear when I breathe - my nose is not stuffy at all!! I am coughing constantly! I cannot drink. I cannot eat. I am worried! Last night I actually tried to eat some soup, but every time I did, chunks of noodles literally came out my nose. Then I am left choking & gasping, thinking I am going to die if I try to eat. This is the SECOND time I have had this kind of cold in 6 months. I have never been one for fevers, yet BOTH times, I had a high fever & both times I thought I was going to die if I ate or drank.

The dr I saw the last time said it was viral, because of the fever, so nothing was prescribed for it.

I just don't know what to do!!

I would have begun a new thread, but can't figure out how. Your forum seems different here. Not alot of members either, so I doubt anyone will know what's happening to me!

Old 07-20-07, 08:52 AM
i've split your post from the other thread, so now it's standing alone.

i don't know what you've got, but you need to see a doctor - a different doctor than the previous one! something is blocked somewhere for everything to be diverted out your nose. that's just not right. please go to a doctor.

Old 07-20-07, 08:58 AM
Group Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 52 Posts
I wouldn't say 89,000 members falls into the "not a lot of members" category, but be that as it may I echo Annette - GO SEE A DOCTOR. We welcome you as a member, but this is NOT the place to come for medical advice.

Old 07-20-07, 09:01 AM
2,106 members currently online viewing.......but you're right. none will know what's happening to you! and if any were to hazard a guess, would you really feel comfortable believing their diagnosis or following their advice?

especially since this is the 2nd time this has happened to you, seek treatment.

Old 07-20-07, 05:39 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
A thorough examination can only be performed face to face with the examiner. Go see one.

Old 07-24-07, 06:43 PM
D
Good Evening Deanbeans,
While the start sounds viral there also sounds like an obstruction and from your description it may be serious. Thus I will emphatically echo those others that have told you to go see a physician ASAP!!!
Dr. C.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 07-25-07 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote entire OP.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: