Painful body parts...

Old 03-19-08, 07:07 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painful body parts...

Ever since last Monday morning (3/10) when I woke up, I have had aches and pains in various parts of my body.

The first day, it was mainly my back...as if I slept wrong. The next day, my neck and back. Wednesday....my neck, back and groin area......Thursday-neck, back and outer;upper thigh area.....Friday...same thing.

I finally went to the doc and he just put me on some antiinflammatory meds for two weeks. If it does not get better within that time, I am suppose to go see him again. This morning, I woke up with some pain in my upper bicep area of both arms. It is most comfortable for me to rest my arm in a position idendical to that of a person who has their arm in a sling across the front of their chest.

Driving is even painful, but who knows how long this particular area of my body will ache like this. Tomorrow it could be better or gone or a different area of the body...who knows.

Either way, I am trying to pinpoint what the heck this could be because this isjust NOT RIGHT. Worst thing is that I have not done any physical activities before or during this time.

Can y anybody help me out with this one????

Old 03-19-08, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Painful body parts...

Did he give you Relafin?

It sounds like a joint inflamation.

All you can do is follow the medication instructions to a "T" and hope it cuts the inflamation. Two weeks is a little short to totally clear up somthing that is inflamed. Usually, you have to take the medication for as long after an inlamation stpos hurting as it took the stop the pain.

He probably has a few different ideas and is trying to see what the medication effects are after 2 weeks. I had some inflamed tenons and I recall I had to take the medication religiously for four weeks, including setting an alarm at night to make sure the effects did not have a chance to wear off while sleeping.

Old 03-19-08, 08:25 PM
M
Actually, the meds I am taking is called NABUMETONE. I take them two times a day after meals (normally the first and last meals of the day.

If it is joint inflammation, I think that would just be a part of the issue since I do not think there is an actual joint in the bicep region......It feels like the areas are constantly flexed.

After doing several bicep curls, you know how your muscles are really firm? That is how they feel to the touch, but with pain.

Not rea sure as stated before, but I am and will continue to take these meds as instructed. He actually gave me a months worth, so if it comes down to it, I have a few extras! Even though it really does not seem to have much effect on me right now. I think it may be something that takes time to buildup its defense!

Old 03-20-08, 06:58 PM
M
i was just checking and relafin is actually the brand name of what I am taking (nabumetone)

So, I guess I am pretty much on Relafin as you asked previously.

They pain really stinks because it is so limiting on the movements I need to make that are not suppose to be strenuous.

It is painful to steer a wheel of a car or even switch from the gas and break pedals due to the instand sharp pain being generated out of the upper and outter thigh regions (lower hip area)

Very very very frustrating to say the least.

Old 03-21-08, 06:52 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Diagnosing someone online is difficult at best and can be construed as a breach of ethics. Best bet is to stick with your doc and make sure he/she gives satisfactory answers to all of your questions.

Old 03-21-08, 01:43 PM
M
I really was not looking for MY diagnosis, but rather to see if these symptoms have been experienced by any other readers, and if so, what was the diagnosis and outcome.

Old 03-27-08, 04:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I have the same symptoms, every day. But mine is a direct result of approaching 60 years old, being a nail driver, having a torn rotator cuff, and bone-on-bone knee. But you gotta keep going. Do what your doctor tells you, as the others have suggested. However, with multiple symptoms and multiple doctors, you need to scrutinize medications with them to make sure you aren't over doing one or under doing one. Diagnosis for mine as you asked, Synvisc for the knee, PT for the rotator cuff (as opposed to surgery and 6 month recovery and then PT), and so far, so good. Mobic (Meloxicam) for the arthritis that accompanies most joint problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: