wrinkles

Old 11-10-11, 04:24 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
wrinkles

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I will try it anyway. My wife (59) is bothered by wrinkles on her face. I don't have a problem with it as it is not very noticeable to me but it still upsets her. She claims it is the cause of many years on the beach with her family when she was young. Other than trying all the wrinkle creams that the manufacturers claim are the best, can someone suggest a good topical cream that you know works? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-11, 07:26 AM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
Plumping the skin with moisture may help if her skin is dry.

Old 11-10-11, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
Over the counter creams do nothing. I had a neighbor that used Retin-A (prescription) which made her skin look very youthful, so maybe she could try that. Won't perform miracles, but will probably be helpful.
The only other thing is plastic surgery, I'm afraid.

Old 11-10-11, 10:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 156 Votes on 138 Posts
My wife spends quite a bit of money on those anti wrinkle/aging creams. I don't know that any of them do much...... but I'd never tell her that

Old 11-11-11, 04:26 AM
marksr, that is a very good idea! Never ask a woman her age, or mention anything negative about her hair, or say anything about facial wrinkles! Thanks for the comment.

Old 11-11-11, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Whats the old saying....something like "the wrinkles on your face are a road map of your life"?

Old 11-11-11, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The only way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles is via exfoliation. There are two methods - manual and chemical. At your wife's age a combination of both is best.

There are products in all price ranges - from homemade with natural ingredients to the ultra-expensive department store brands.

Manual exfoliation involves the use of a facial scrub product (a cleanser with little particles in it to slough off dead skin cells), or a product like a buf-puf (which it a textured cleansing sponge).

Chemical exfoliation relies on a product containing an ingredient like salicylic acid, or as another poster mentioned a prescription like Retin-A. Although at your wife's age and past sun exposure a product like Renova (which includes hydroquinone for discoloration) would suit her better.

Since you asked for the name of specific products, here are some that are effective in different price ranges:

Sephora: SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultimate Dual Exfoliating Face Brush: Skincare Tools

NEW Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer | Daily Renewal | Dullness | Clinique

Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir | Olay

Sephora: Dr. Brandt Skincare microdermabrasion exfoliating cream: Scrubs & Exfoliators

Old 12-14-11, 07:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The expensive over the counter creams do work a little bit, but they don't "fix" the problem. It's very temporary. If she is that concerned about them, I would suggest a dermatologist.