Norditrack cx 925 Elliptical slipping

Old 10-21-12, 08:37 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Norditrack cx 925 Elliptical slipping

I have a Norditrack CX 925 Elliptical that is slipping on the down stroke. I think I may have to tighten the belt. I don't know how and the manual doesn't tell me anything. I have included links to pictures of the machine.

I notice there is a black substance under the machine and inside it. I am wondering if this is from the belt wearing. If so, I may have to replace the belt. Again, the awesome manual tells me nothing on how to do this.

Pics:
Pictures by Ben_Carlson - Photobucket

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-12, 05:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 830 Votes on 777 Posts
In your picture one you can see the small pulley (tensioner) that the belt rides on. That's what usually tightens the belt. There should be two bolts involved with the tensioner. One should be a lock bolt and the other one comes in from the end and is what actually adjusts the tension. That belt may also be too stretched/worn to tighten. Another item to check is the flywheel for excessive play. The flywheel bearings wear out also. The good news is that Sears partsdirect has parts. See below link for parts and exploded view. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...&prst=&shdMod=