Belt won't turn on Proform XP 550e

Old 01-05-14, 04:21 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Belt won't turn on Proform XP 550e

Not sure if there are any treadmill pros around, but here goes:

This 550e worked fine until I moved it to a new house. At first, the motor would turn for a bout 1 second and then shut off completely. It would actually reboot the entire treadmill (display, fan, all of it). It did that for a dozen or so times (while I was troubleshooting) and now the motor won't turn on at all. EVERYTHING else works on it. The incline motor, the fan, the display all work. PLUS, when I hook the motor up to a 18v cordless battery the motor works fine! Not sure what to do next. I took this video to explain the problem:

I need treadmill help! Proform xp 550e. Belt won't move...but motor is fine. - YouTube

Any tips or suggestions? I hate to throw it away.

Old 01-06-14, 05:09 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 857 Votes on 790 Posts
If the belt was stuck or binding the controls may have turned off the motor because it was pulling too much current. Repeated doing so may have burned out something but first I would look for a fuse. Before trying to run it again I would make sure that the belt moves freely. Did it track to one side and is dragging on the frame? Did anything get spilled that might make the deck sticky, grabbing the belt? Did anything like a bolt, pencil or anything else fall into the belt or drive mechanism jamming it?

Old 01-06-14, 07:22 AM
K
I think you are right. I think the motor was working too hard (for whatever reason) and something blew. I tested for continuity on the fuze next to where the power cable comes in and it had continuity. Is there more than one fuse on this?

And you'll see in the video that the motor turns fine now and moves the belt fine (when hooked up to other power source). It doesn't seem to be sticking, dragging, or moving to one side.

Here's the manual: https://www.iconservice.com/Customer...n=0&company=11

Thanks for your reply!

Old 01-06-14, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Your motor controller board is probably fried. The most common issue with these machines.

MC 70 Treadmill Motor Controller MC70 - Home Very good info as well as some troubleshooting tips.

Old 01-06-14, 08:21 AM
K
I'm starting to think it is a fried board. I don't think my treadmill has a MC70 board though, it doesn't look anything like that. And it only has one board.

Now I decide if I gamble with a $200 board, or drop $600 on a new treadmill.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: