Back Strain, Pain Plus Eye Infection

Old 11-25-14, 01:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
That's a different drop than what I used the last time the infection in my right eye flared up. I wanting to say it started with a P but it's been a few yrs and I have a hard time remembering yesterday

Some days we just have to be thankful for small improvements

Old 12-02-14, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Just a follow up. Finally got back in to the Doc after no real improvement for 10 days. Not going in to details, but apparently an infection in the eyelids??? This Doc said he would have made the same initial call. Now going to be on oral antibiotics and steroid eye drops for at least 2 weeks.

Why did no one tell me getting older sucks?

Old 12-02-14, 02:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Why did no one tell me getting older sucks?
Like there is anything you could do about it if you had been told

Hopefully your body will respond well to the meds and this annoyance will be short lived

Old 12-02-14, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Like I told him and my wife..."All I want is my eyes back." Prob the wrong person to be saying that to Mark? Sorry...

Old 12-03-14, 03:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I understand where you are coming from For the most part I've adjusted to being blind in my right eye but everyday there are times when it's a hindrance. I never knew previously that it takes both eyes to have good depth perception and for the most part I've adapted although parking in a crowded or tight parking lot is a challenge. Sometimes you just have to be thankful for what you do have!

Old 12-11-14, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
Just an update again....you do not want to delay if you have an eye issue!! A lot of other things are wait and see...but this is not. It's been almost 2 weeks after the first Doc visit and 8 days since the second. Still extreme sensitivity to bright light (luckily been cloudy last few days but still bright sometimes) and double vision at night. When you see 2 red lights while sitting stopped at the intersection, that's an issue.

No point in going back to Doc til at least next week...he said 10 to 14 days for improvement. Stopped the steroid drops as they were just making my face swell and eyes itch it seemed. Doc agreed. (Do they just guess most times?)

And lucky me...stepson had a contact for a PT job for me. I feel like an idiot wearing sunglasses inside and then telling them I may not be able to start for a week or more.

Grrrrr and Grrrrrr some more!

Old 12-12-14, 04:00 AM
Received 339 Votes on 305 Posts
And lucky me...stepson had a contact for a PT job for me. I feel like an idiot wearing sunglasses inside and then telling them I may not be able to start for a week or more.
Hang in there, it will get better.

That reminds me of an incident that happened to me years ago. I was out of work and needed a job desperately. At the same time I developed an eye infection in both eyes that caused me to look like I was in a drunken stupor (swelled, red, dilated). Got called in to interview, knew I looked horrible. Interviewer just barely gave me the time of day, even though I told him I was under a doctors care. The kicker is, the doctor was treating me in the wrong way with out patient visits to hospital for "operations" and no improvement. A friend told about a similar problem he had and sent me to his doctor. With in a few days I was cured with nothing more than several daily eye washing with Johnson's baby shampoo. I should've sued the 1st doctor, who by the way had a reputation as the best eye doctor in the area. I told the 2nd doctor after I was cured about what the first doctor put me through. Not wanting to cause trouble he just shook his head and sent me on my way.

Old 12-12-14, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator
That's exactly what I've been doing Norm. The cleaning thing I mean. He gave me some sample wipes and an info sheet that said baby shampoo also. So twice a day pills and 2 -3 times a day cleaning.

Pretty sure I have the job locked down. Couldn't believe they called yesterday and said there was a problem with the p-work because I didn't put any "professional references". Fer cripes sake, I haven't worked in 8 yrs! Anyone I even could remember would be long gone. Spoke with the regional manager though yesterday and he was going to call the office about it. Thats what happens with a multi-state company owned by some CA lawyers. The form to just rent a storage unit is 10 pages of small print!

Old 12-12-14, 02:17 PM
Received 339 Votes on 305 Posts
Vic,

The conditions I had were called Chalazion (a small hard cyst which forms on the inside edges of the eyelids due to a blockage of the meilbomain gland). Treatment: 1. warm compresses on eyelids cysts 2-3 times a day. 2. Antibiotic eye drops 4 times a day and 3. eyelid ointment at bedtime.

In addition I also had Blepharitis (an inflammation of the edgers of the eyelids involving eyelash hair follicles and glands of the eyelids. It can result from irritants or infection and chronic skin diseases). Tratment: eyelid scrubs Morning & Bedtime with diluted Baby Shampoo (no tears).

My doctor gave me a three page brochure with diagrams and explanations about the whole problem. The thing is he knew exactly what the problem was when I first walked into his office. The other guy had me go in for three out patient operations.

Old 12-12-14, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
I also had Blepharitis (an inflammation of the edgers of the eyelids involving eyelash hair follicles and glands of the eyelids.
Once again, you've nailed it...that what my fact sheets say.

Still working it...but the double vision later in the day/night is concerning me.

Old 12-12-14, 02:51 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Hang in there Vic. We are all pulling for you.

Old 12-12-14, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Not like I'm in the hospital having life saving surgery Ray!

I'm just tired of this damn crap impacting what I do!

I should have asked Norm here first...prob would have saved a ton of money...lol.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: