Proform Treadmill Problems

Old 12-25-15, 08:24 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Proform Treadmill Problems

I am having some issues as my Proform 730cs treadmill runs for a certain amount of time. It seems like the higher the speed, the less time it runs. It is weird because I will be walking and then all the sudden the belt stops working. The track still works and shows me as if I were talking around the track. All the display lights are on and everything else works just not the belt essentially. The belt shuts off after a certain amount of time and one of the lights on the circuit board seems to shut off. I talked with someone and it was suggested that the controller/circuit board needs to be replaced. This happened to my last treadmill and it was the same model Proform treadmill. Is there any way to test the circuit board? Does anyone have any advice on what is wrong with the treadmill?

Old 12-25-15, 10:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,473 Votes on 1,361 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The most common problem is that the belt is experiencing a high amount of friction and placing an excessive load on the belt drive motor. Usually the main protection breaker will trip but the motor could stop on thermal overload.

Name:  PD_0071_917_159357.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  35.0 KB

The way to test the board is to locate the wiring to the motor. Check the voltage with the belt running but no one on the treadmill. Now use the treadmill and check the voltage until the belt stops. Recheck that voltage.... if it's gone it points to a board fault. If the voltage is still there the motor has stopped on high heat.

At that point I'd look into lubricating the belt and double check that it isn't over-tightened.

you tube/watch?v=b1MU7MvBETs

Old 12-26-15, 07:50 AM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I agree with Pete that it's likely to be high friction on the belt. You have to be a little careful lubricating the belt because it's a balance between low enough friction on the walk board and so little friction that the drive roller slips. The sell special lube just for treadmill belts.

I've found pretty good info on troubleshooting, lubing the belt, etc, here: https://www.treadmilldoctor.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: