Always tired :(

Old 05-02-17, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Always tired :(

For some reason I am always tired. I work from home and do a lot of computer work on my desk, and I can barely sit up straight because I feel as if I don't have the energy to do so. I walk around once in a while and even do stretches, and none of it seems to help. I eat a healthy breakfast and take vitamins and that doesn't seem to help either. I just want to lay down and sleep. What's going on? and how do I get more energy to be more active?

Old 05-02-17, 10:42 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
How do you feel when you wake in the morning? I know I'm tired throughout the day because I don't sleep well anymore and I never wake refreshed.

Old 05-02-17, 10:45 AM
I feel well rested when I wake up in the morning, but within an hour or two, I am very tired and sleepy.

Old 05-02-17, 11:35 AM
S
Group Moderator
Of course the standard answer is going to be to check with your doctor and maybe have your thyroid levels checked but adding some activity before the period where you start to fall off could supply some additional energy.

Old 05-02-17, 12:02 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 852 Votes on 787 Posts
Personally I think sitting at home would be one of the most difficult situations to remain alert and awake. You have little/no rhythm or routine like get up, get ready and get out of the house. I would think your brain and body can get stuck in at home relax mode. If any of that sounds plausible I would make your at home job very much like a outside job. Have your home office or work area in a separate zone dedicated solely to work. Get up in the morning and get dressed and pretty (no, don't wear PJ's to work) then "go to work". Don't fall into the trap of thinking you're at home and can relax. Don't work from your bed or evening TV watching chair. You are at work so do everything you can to get into the mindset.

Old 05-02-17, 12:10 PM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
Sleep apnea can ruin the quality of your sleep and it is difficult to detect on your own. When you don't go into a deep sleep it almost doesn't count. My wife had commented several times that she noticed I would stop breathing for longer than normal times. Tested and definitely failed. For me I outfoxed the doctors by moving to my recliner to sleep. That recliner is where i had often retreated when 2 or 3 hours in bed wasn't resulting in sleep. That chair eliminated acid reflux, snoring, and the apnea AND NOW I SLEEP LIKE A BABY.

Can't say it this is at all related to what you are dealing with but it might help.

Note I have found that a variety of vitamins, 80mg aspirin, and a low carb diet help.

The wife got a freebee from somewhere, a small finger clip that reads pulse ans % Oxy. I use it on occasion to check as an apnea episode will crash the O2 level and if sleeping I wake up suddenly I can quickly look at the reading. Bad dream, 98%. Apnea would be something much lower, 95% or less but your dr would know better than I.
"Choicemed" I think this is the one.
ChoiceMMed OxyWatch C20 Fingertip Oximeter - FREE SHIPPING Tiger Medical, Inc

Bud

Old 05-02-17, 01:17 PM
S
Group Moderator
Generally speaking, waking refreshed in the morning rules out sleep apnea but it is still worth investigating, since it can actually be fatal.

Old 05-02-17, 01:26 PM
I don't feel like I'm being disturbed in my sleep at all if one of the symptoms of sleep apnea is sleep disturbance. I sleep like a log and even feel ready to conquer the world when I wake up. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with my tiredness. I live in CA and it's pretty hot here as of now. It's a good thing that I work at home because I can wear light clothing without having to deal with an office dress code. I must say so, that it IS very relaxing sitting at my desk and getting paid to work at home. ............

Old 05-02-17, 04:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Do you get outside in the sunshine, walk? It will rejuvenate you.

Old 05-02-17, 04:15 PM
Received 488 Votes on 452 Posts
Do you get outside in the sunshine
OMG, when winter sets in I feel like I'm dragging, summer comes around and I'm out all the time and get by on a lot less sleep.

The body is not adapt to sitting in front of a computer screen for hours a day.

I can't imagine what my kids will experience when they get older, it's all they know, computer, phones and games, go out side, why!

Old 05-02-17, 04:21 PM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
I'm now 70 and 15 years ago I gave up my computer desk job and went back to construction. I almost dies the first year having to stop and rest or even sleep every hour but eventually the effort began to pay off. I was so bad that I was on all fours going up stairs and a ladder was 3 trips to the top ended my day. Last year I put up about 20 squares of shingles and related coil trim and 15 squares of vinyl siding all by myself. Counted one day and i went up a 14' ladder over 50 times in one MORNING and even though I was tired I felt great.

I hate to say this but that cumfy desk job may be killing you.

Bud

Old 05-02-17, 04:54 PM
I thought my remodeling career would be over with the advent of two knee replacements and a shoulder replacement. Quite the opposite. It was painful, and I got tired of pain, but I kept at it and did my PT and am stronger on both legs now than I have ever been. I don't lift like I did before the shoulder surgery, but that is psychological, I know. Just not allowing myself to become a drag was great. I love working outside and feel good (tired), but great.

Old 05-02-17, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
thought my remodeling career would be over
Wow, had to re-read that after the first run through. Thought you wrote "modeling career"! I'm like..."What, coveralls and toolbelts?".

Old 05-02-17, 05:15 PM
Yeah, straw hanging out of my mouth, straw hat and boots without shoelaces. Stereotypical, but close.

Old 05-03-17, 03:48 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
I agree staying indoors could be part of the problem. As I've aged, I tire easier but I always feel better if I get to spend some time outdoors. Getting more fresh air could help with your other issues also.

I thought about a modeling career after all I am double pretty - pretty ugly and pretty apt to stay that way

Old 05-03-17, 12:21 PM
I think my fatigue may have something to do with me telecommuting. I get a half hour lunch, and two 15 minute breaks. Maybe I should get some fresh air during my breaks. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: