lubricating a proform treadmill

Old 09-01-19, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lubricating a proform treadmill

Hi, I was wondering. I have a proform 300i treadmill. To my knowledge, for most treadmills, you should lubricate periodically unless they have self lubricating belts. I don't think the 300i is self lubricating, but in its manual, it says "Your treadmill features a walking belt coated with high-performance lubricant. IMPORTANT: Never apply silicone spray or other substances to the walking belt or the walking platform unless instructed to do so" (the manual can be found here, page 24, part c).

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...0.html?page=24

So does that mean I should just leave it alone until I have problems? Also i am wondering if silicone lube can really damage the treadmill. I know to avoid oil based stuff like wd 40, but never knew that silicone lube can do any harm?

Many thanks for any clarification!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-19, 10:34 AM
Received 94 Votes on 85 Posts
but in its manual, it says "Your treadmill features a walking belt coated with high-performance lubricant. IMPORTANT: Never apply silicone spray or other substances to the walking belt or the walking platform unless instructed to do so
So if the owners manual says to do, or not do something, why would you even question it?

Old 09-01-19, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
because what is the point of DIY if we just follow manuals like a bible without questioning? Just hire someone to fix it or buy a new one like every manual would suggest you to do?

Old 09-01-19, 02:59 PM
Received 94 Votes on 85 Posts
because what is the point of DIY if we just follow manuals
Because the default of any DIY is to follow the instructions that a manufacturer has provided for their product.

To alter from those specific instructions then you have voided all remedy to resolve an issue and to put it bluntly, your screwed!