Proform Treadmill: Very low speaker volume

Old 12-04-20, 01:10 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Proform Treadmill: Very low speaker volume

We have a Proform Pro 2000 treadmill. It has built in speakers. They used to wrk fine, but now we can barely hear the sound coming from them, particularly over the sound of the treadmill.This treadmill has both a bluetooth and an Aux input and he volume is low when connection a phone to either. I have tried multiple phones, turning the treadmill off/on (power switch and unplug)and of course turned up the volume to maximum on both the phone and the treadmill itself. No go.

Any suggestions? If it possible a treadmill like this has an amplifier and it is dead or dying? If so, suggestions?

Old 12-04-20, 04:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,473 Votes on 1,361 Posts
Interesting... the 2019 model used 2" speakers while the 2020 model upgraded to 3" speakers.

To decrease the risk of damaging the treadmill, always use a surge suppressor with the treadmill.
What a load of crap. Surge suppression should be built into a product

Failure to use a properly functioning surge suppressor could result in damage to the control system of the treadmill and serious injury to users.
Wow.... this amounts to negligence on their part. Very risky.

It looks like the audio is driven from the control board. I don't see any service info. Looks like a board swap is required. You may want to check with them first.

Proform Pro 2000 manual (pdf)

Old 12-05-20, 04:43 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Would I still get sound from the speakers if the control board was blown? I do get vey low volume, but I can hear it. I can't really find the control board that likely does the speakers. In the exploded view, the "controller" (#48 in the exploded view) looks like the motor controller There is definitely another controller inside the display panel along with the tablet.

Old 12-05-20, 06:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,473 Votes on 1,361 Posts
The problem would be on the display console control board.
Display console

It's a fairly expensive part. They may offer some type of board swap.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: