Arthritis pain

Old 12-24-22, 04:43 PM
C
Received 351 Upvotes on 294 Posts
Arthritis pain

The following is a product endorsement but I am in no way connected to this company. I don't think I have ever recommended any sort of health aid.

I have fairly painful arthritis in both big toes and in both thumbs. The foot pain is sometimes so bad I have difficulty walking. The thumb pain was so bad I had to give up golf.

A friend recommended a product called Voltaren. Once available only by prescription it is now OTC. I have been using it for the last several months. My foot pain is gone. My thumb pain is gone. The treatment lasts for several weeks and as soon as I feel the pain returning I apply the Voltaren cream. it works almost immediately. It is important to follow the application directions.

I have a drawer full of all those other arthritis creams and treatments and none of them worked for me. I asked my doctor about it and he said "that stuff is great." I didn't ask him why he didn't tell me about it. If you have joint pain it might be worth looking into.

marksr, PineCone voted this post useful.
Old 08-12-23, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I, too have Pain that is Scoliosis pain that is more than pain than yours, ... Arthritis pain.
My ortho-dc. prescribed the exact same cream that works 'Wonder' for my Scoliosis pain on my left leg radiating from left top thigh to all way down the left foot.
I also take three different oral medications, one of them is 'Tramadol' which is my primary pain med. to work really well, but adverse/side effects are not easy to deal with.

Old 08-12-23, 03:14 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
I had this prescribed when my knee was in pain prior to the arthroscopic repair, but it did wonders for a couple joints in my hands.

Only take one every month or so. Diclofenac sod ec, why don't they give them all simple names?

Old 08-12-23, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Oh, I forgot to say in my previous post.
My Orth.doc prescribed Oral form of med. called : 'Diclofenac Sodium Delayed-Release Tablets, USP 75 mg.' however this med. gives me 'stomach issue' like any pain medications, so I stopped taking it altogether. Rather, I stick with Topical Gel .Diclofenac Sodium' which works better for the pain on my left leg from the thigh to all way down to my left foot whenever the pain interrupts in the middle of the nights. After taking TRAMADOL, there is no longer nightly pain, but I keep it beside the bed just in case.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: