Sachet In Air Plenum?

Old 02-21-04, 08:21 AM
Larry Alan
Visiting Guest
Sachet In Air Plenum?

I've seen several "recipes" on this site for homemade air fresheners using spices, etc., that you can put in a little cheesecloth sachet.

If I put one of those in the air plenum, will it mess up anything?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-04, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First here you dont say what you have for heat. So it could get to hot when you put it in the plenum. Then could be the blower air would kick it around and come apart on you. Just inside a register could be, but it would block air flow there some ED

Old 02-21-04, 03:00 PM
Larry Alan
Visiting Guest
I was referring to the heat pump unit inside the house.

But, after reading your reply, I think I goofed in my original post.

I want to put the sachet in the room air intake area directly behind the filter so I guess it shouldn't be too hot or turbulent there.

The reason I asked the question was because I'm concerned that oils or whatever given off by the sachet would/could contribute to crude buildup in the ductwork.

Old 02-21-04, 04:00 PM
I have ran into the air wick kind that people put in the cold air duct right there on the intake side of the filter. Know years back had something call a Glikealater it had a light bulb in it that would turn on with the blower. This went into the cold air duct before the filter would help freshen the air. The light bulb would heat up the oil like in it . I d say go for it as long as the air has to go through the filter dont see how it can get on the strips or build up on the coil there ED

Old 02-21-04, 04:05 PM
i see a lot of applications of the "sachet" in the return. i see no problem whatsoever.

Old 02-22-04, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Make sure you tie it securely because if after the air filter it could get sucked into the fan.

Old 02-25-04, 07:52 PM
Toss it in!

If it breaks loose the air filter will pick it up...The is a product out there though that is made for this. It looks like a tub of margarine but a teal color I think. You open it and place it upside down on the cover and discard the tub. Its a gel like substance. They actually work quite well. They actually mask odors....If someone is wearing colone in the car and you hit a skunk, You 'll never smell the colone.