Req Advice on Installing our own Radiant Heat

Old 07-07-04, 04:40 PM
DawnInMaine
Visiting Guest
Question Req Advice on Installing our own Radiant Heat

Bkgrd: We are building a post and beam (with SIPs panels) in Maine. Once the superstructure has been erected by a pro crew, my husband and I will complete as much of the work as we can on our own. We are in the process of nailing down the various 'systems' now.

We plan to have radiant floor heat, in concrete, on the first floor of our 24' x 24' 1 1/2 story cape.
--We are thinking of use a Baxi Luna 310Fi as both the source of instant domestic hot water and the radiant heat. Web: http://www.wallhungboilers.com/luna310fi.html
--We are thinking of using Vanguard PEX tubing for both potable water and radiant heat. Web: http://www.vanguardpipe.com/index.html

Q?
--How hard is it for a homeowner to install the tubing, etc.? We plan to have pro's install the boiler and pour the concrete.
--Any experience with either Baxi Luna or Vanguard?
--Do you have a combo of systems that you really like for radiant heat?
--What advice of any kind would you give us?

Thanks!
DawnInMaine

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-04, 07:48 AM
DawnInMaine
Visiting Guest
Arrow Takagi tankless water heaters

I had asked a venting question on another sub-forum; another tankless water heater was recommended by a poster. Here's the relevant text from that Message:
Also check out the Takagi TK-2 or TK-1 which have sufficient capacity to run the radiant heating and provide hot water for a decent size house. Check it out at www.takagi.com.

The boiler you mentioned is rated at 126KBTU/Hr and this may be a bit undersized if you live in a house with more than one bathroom. The TK-1 @ 165KBTU or the TK2 @ 185KBTU would be a better bet IMHO.